Thursday, February 7, 2013

From Dreams to Paper, from Paper to Screen, Maru and Ciel live again

  With this brand new desk, lamp, and nudging from a new member of the family(?), I finally found my urge to write. My only issue being that I wish I could separate the story that I've been dreaming about for years, and my usual RL musings/rants. Hopefully I can find a way, without creating a separate profile or something of the sort. this feels good, to have the passion for writing.

  Part of what kept me from moving forward with my story was the fact that I couldn't come up with a good introduction, a good origin for my first character, my original Role Play character. I always had the base idea of who he is, his overall characterization, but I went through so many iterations, so many beginnings it got frustrating. I'm a bit jealous of my best friend, as his Role Play character has been the same forever, only changing one aspect to simplify everything else.

Bastard.

  Anyhoo, the story I've been dreaming of in bits and pieces is going to try and encompass all of the characters my friends and I created over the years, maybe tweaking certain concepts to fit the story (and keep it from turning into a Mary Sue, author avatar, fanfic) While throughout our experiences roleplaying, and even in the books we read,  the characters were tweaked/built to fit into the realms we Role-played in, they still kept their originality, which is what I'm going to focus on, instead of normal Role-playing (which I am considering returning to, for inspiration and storytelling practice) which usually involved creating or changing the character to fit the world, I will be building the world to fit the varied characters that we created, we've cherished, we've always thought about. I have a good idea on how this will start, but no clue how to connect one dream to another, and even less on where I want to end up. I just know that Kazuki Hyo, and Ukyo Mido and going to die like the bitches they are. You can take that as a spoiler or not, but trust me, fuck them.

  I hope to devote at least an hour a day into working on something related to this story, be it tweaking characters, committing memories to paper, or brainstorming with my friends on ideas they've had for their original characters, because this is as much their story as it is mine. If I'm going to weave this tale using Maru's friends, his brothers-in-arms, it makes sense that I go to my friends to help bring their characters out.

  I think I found my spark. This is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment